RS Coven
RS Coven
RS Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Anitkythera Mechanism

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Warden Dike

Warden Dike

Title : Woman in uniform
Female

The Anitkythera Mechanism Empty
PostSubject: The Anitkythera Mechanism   The Anitkythera Mechanism I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:36 pm

On this date in 1902, a diver exploring a shipwreck near Greece pulled up an artifact that came to be known as The Anitkythera Mechanism. Considered to be the first known scientific instrument, the device was dated to around 150 BC, and could plot the positions of celestial bodies 19 years into the future.

That's one for The Ancients. Everything old is new again. Take that IBM!!
Back to top Go down
teachent

teachent

Title : witch
Female

PostSubject: Re: The Anitkythera Mechanism   The Anitkythera Mechanism I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:12 pm

amazing isn't it .. I mean really amazing, the instruments and such that were in place Smile

and folks think we are so advanced ..

♥️
t
Back to top Go down
http://www.PaganLessonPlans.com
Warden Dike

Warden Dike

Title : Woman in uniform
Female

PostSubject: Re: The Anitkythera Mechanism   The Anitkythera Mechanism I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Humanity, as a whole, is waking up from centuries of amnesia. We are rediscovering technologies that are truly old. The ancient Persians had created batteries. It's now believed the Greeks may have harnessed the power of electricity. The ancient Cretes had flush toilets. The Romans had hot and cold running water. The Egyptians had working showers. Who knows what else lies buried waiting to be refound. It's fun seeing scientists flustered over creations they think only with the technology we have now have already been made.
NananaBooBoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anitkythera Mechanism   The Anitkythera Mechanism I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Anitkythera Mechanism
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RS Coven :: The Great Debates :: Earth, Space, & Science-
Jump to: