RS Coven
RS Coven
RS Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whatcha doing? IV

Go down 
+15
Cloaked Raven
sleepycat
Rick
Lightdragon
cassie
Lisa
Solya
Quixotically Yours
Kat
Warden Dike
Sitalique
teachent
Krahe Kojote
Rudas Starblaze
Penthesilea
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:53 pm

nevermind, hes not over in his shop and his semi is still there so hes prolly out and about somewhere.
Back to top Go down
https://rscoven.forumotion.com
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Title : Trouble? Where!
Female

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:50 pm

BLEARGH!

Thought the meeting would be a half an hour tops, turned out to be 2 hours long as we went over entry by entry in the DB, and there were still error messages.

And learned something new that requires several steps, not going to get a chance to retry it for myself until late tomorrow morning, so you KNOW there's going to be at least one more long meeting to figure out which steps I'm forgetting and what I might screw up.

And the computer screen that I had to stare at for two hours...well, I was at an angle, the first monitor was distorted. My boss hated the distortion and called the tech person up to switch monitors mid-meeting...Laughing...but I still have a bit of a headache for that.

And tomorrow, I get to show my other former boss how to set up her program to do something I barely know how to do and was only shown once.....that's her preference though, because she can't understand what my boss says because he has a thick accent, and she's not particularly computer savvy (better than some people I've encountered, and has learned a lot despite her anxiety, so I respect her for that, but still it's frustrating)....at least not sufficiently to figure out the gaps when she can't understand the accent.

And he doesn't want to go across campus to show her, I don't think he knows where her office even is....so he'd only be willing to try to tell her what to do via phone or email, which has been a massive FAIL since she hasn't even seen half the program screens he refers to, and he leaves things out...

We have interestingly convoluted ways of doing things here....not that I mind that much, as it gets me out of my office and gives me an excuse to go for a walk, it just boggles me how complicated it ends up being.
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:04 pm

gotta love university stuff eh KK!? Nyah Razz
RD is having a tough time trying to get her masters by the end of may due to one of her teachers being a slacker.....
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:13 pm

That sucks. Especially if she has plans that rely on timing or if she has to pay for the extension!

I was fortunate in that neither was a concern to me, but my final project had to have an extension due to repeated miscommunications (or complete lack of communication) from my adviser.

Frustrating as it was though, I know my adviser wasn't slacking, she was seriously ill (graves disease, bad reaction to medication which then resulted in complete removal of her thyroid, and then having to adjust to whatever heavy duty medications she had to take for that, along with some close colleagues passing away), I don't think she was able to think clearly at that time, and I wasn't doing much better....that was when I was having my bad spell as well...(and my boss there and I were mutually giving one another nervous breakdowns....Laughing).

So glad that's behind me.

I hope everything works out for RD and she doesn't end up getting delayed! Not that I took my own advice when I had the opportunity, but is it possible that she can request input from another professor, or is it waaaaay too late for that?
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:02 pm

she has 3 professors that she has to deal with for her masters. one of which is a pagan and from what im gathering, isnt thrilled with RD's research which will upset the entire pagan community if it gets published cause its its all based on fact rather than myth like most modern pagan beliefs are based off of. and another professor, thats a homo male, seems to base everything off of attendence rather than the work and research (that RD has done) even though theres no way he can handle actually working in the field hes trying to teach about (dealing with real crisis situations like RD has been doing for about 6 years now IN THE FIELD of psychology/sociology!!) so this homo fuck has been giving her bad grades for not kissing his ass and her having to miss class a few times for serious situations at work involving psychotic clients. yeah, basically, RD could teach better than her professors could ever dream. so theyre hacking on her.... due to their petty negligence, she may not get her masters til august.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Title : DarkLady
Female

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:28 pm

Ya know. When she DOES get her masters, she would figure out a way to get her research published, if only to PO HUGE numbers of people.....
Back to top Go down
http://valcariasworld.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:17 pm

aye! lol

k, gonna go out to eat with RD since neither of us wanna cook. Nyah Razz
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Warden Dike

Title : Woman in uniform
Female

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:25 pm

Rudas Starblaze wrote:
she has 3 professors that she has to deal with for her masters. one of which is a pagan and from what im gathering, isnt thrilled with RD's research which will upset the entire pagan community if it gets published cause its its all based on fact rather than myth like most modern pagan beliefs are based off of. and another professor, thats a homo male, seems to base everything off of attendence rather than the work and research (that RD has done) even though theres no way he can handle actually working in the field hes trying to teach about (dealing with real crisis situations like RD has been doing for about 6 years now IN THE FIELD of psychology/sociology!!) so this homo fuck has been giving her bad grades for not kissing his ass and her having to miss class a few times for serious situations at work involving psychotic clients. yeah, basically, RD could teach better than her professors could ever dream. so theyre hacking on her.... due to their petty negligence, she may not get her masters til august.

I don't believe that RD's research will upset ALL of the Pagan community. Alot of the "myths" do has a foot grounded in reality. Some of the stories have been, let's just say, embellished a bit. Sometimes the naked truth is stranger than any fiction you can ever get a hold of. There are historians who claim that all the figures in "mythology" actually existed before a worldwide disaster occurred erasing them from the face of The Earth. We are just now waking up to the fact that there was an age before ours. that there were great men(gods) and women(goddesses) who lived, and the technilogical levels were far superior than our own. These men and women breeched a certain point, and somebody decided to put the kibosh on the whole population. Whoever, or whatever, did the deciding didn't get rid of everyone. The survivors told of things from the former era, and it got told, and retold until it became epic. Those epics have now become the myths we know and love today. Consider it a universal culturality. Amnesia on a planetary scale.

Sorry to hear RD is having troubles with her instructors. Had my fill of it in college. The semester is nearly over. She can take that to heart. She won't have to deal with them forever. Hugs Keep up the good work I know you're doing RD.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:52 pm

Ahh.. I wanna see the fluffies have a meltdown when their illusions are called into question!
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:49 am

Muhahahaha

k, im gonna go watch some horror films now.
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:49 am

Penthesilea wrote:
Ahh.. I wanna see the fluffies have a meltdown when their illusions are called into question!

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:38 pm

im wondering if i should haul my music stuff downstairs in case my house falls down.
other than that, im just sitting here.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:42 pm

I keep most of my important stuff downstairs. The only thing that isn't is the flash drive I have all my "book stuff" on. It's plugged into the keyboard most of the time. However, when the weather starts to get rough, it comes out, gets put in its case and goes downstairs with the rest of my stuff.
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:46 pm

well, i cant actually put anything in my basement, it floods! Laughing
of course, im sure if the house falls down my music and beer making stuff will be trashed regardless of where they are. grrrrr
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:42 pm

im gonna go outside and see what the sky is doing.
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Warden Dike

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Finished enrolling for my medical benefits on-line. Today was the last day I could sign up. Just got the package earlier this week. Didn't allow for much time. Had to switch to another insurance carrier. Hoping I will be able to keep gong to the same doctors. Do NOT want to have to shop around for new ones. Mad
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:38 pm

It's still quiet here. I'm going to wash a few dishes, make out the deposit slips I need for tomorrow, WATCH SMALLVILLE! and while on YaHoo with Dike, make dinner and eat it!
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:25 pm

better shut down the puters now. its starting to get nasty.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Yeah, I just checked the radar for your part of the world. Take care, Rudy!
I'll be back when Smallville is over, in about 90 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:42 pm

Penthesilea wrote:
Yeah, I just checked the radar for your part of the world. Take care, Rudy!
I'll be back when Smallville is over, in about 90 minutes.

we ended up not getting shit. looked like all hell could break loose, but it didnt.

just about caught up on here.
its about time for a shower.
maybe have one more cig first.
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 1:01 pm

k, time to hit the shower. (reminds me of the line in Fanboys: "um, you might wanna hit the showers, you smell like something shit IN my nose...." Rolling On The Floor )
also, i should call Joanie soon and get my tat finished sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 1:46 pm

k, all showered and shaved.
time to hit the road to get brewing stuff! Woot!
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Warden Dike

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Oh, come along Rudy. Don't go hitting the road. What did it ever do to you. lol! Currently, getting all caught up on the weather related news. Aunt Flo must be paying Mother Nature her monthly visit. It may be She just wants to do some Spring cleaning. Who knows. IMing with Penth, and trying to get the work day out of the mind, so I can unwind before getting myself to bed.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:21 pm

I'm YaHooing with Dike and hoping that tonight's weather won't be too noisy. Would like to get some sleep tonight!
Back to top Go down
Sitalique
Admin
Sitalique

Title : Collector of Flame
Female

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:15 am

doing last minute checks at a few places and then crashing since I'm up WAY past my bedtime...
Back to top Go down
http://sitalique.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whatcha doing? IV   Whatcha doing? IV - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whatcha doing? IV
Page 7 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next