RS Coven
RS Coven
RS Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?

Go down 
+4
Lightdragon
Rudas Starblaze
Penthesilea
Krahe Kojote
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Title : Trouble? Where!
Female

Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:01 am

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/article_25093028-1646-11df-9cc6-001cc4c002e0.html

I didn't wake up, but had a dream that there was an earthquake and I was dodging falling trees. Methinks my subconscious made a bigger deal of it than it actually was. Weird Smile

Either that or there's another one coming.

Now I have to wait and see if my nightmare of a couple of weeks ago comes true. If so, some metropolis that just got a foot or two (or more) of snow is in for it. And some woman is going to have a car fall on her. Eek!

We'll hope that that one doesn't come true.

Hey Rudas, I wonder if that's why your cats went into hyper-mode. Mine went nuts last night before I went to bed, though he might have just been feeling his oats having just hacked up a monster hairball.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Title : DarkLady
Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:32 am

We're too far away to have felt anything, especially since it was only 3.8. Here's another link.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/us2010snay.php
Back to top Go down
http://valcariasworld.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:37 am

*Nods*, though for a small one it was felt pretty widely, there were reports from Iowa, Michigan, and Wisconsin.
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:05 am

yes i did feel it. thought about getting online to check on it too but decided fuck it, im too drunk to care! Laughing

it sure wasnt like the one a year and half ago though. that one was cool!!!
Back to top Go down
https://rscoven.forumotion.com
Lightdragon

Lightdragon

Title : the crystal wizard
Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:09 am

any major damage? Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://lightdragonii.deviantart.com/
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:17 am

of course, it is strange to have 2 earthquakes back to back (in technical terms. 1.5 years apart) for this part of the continent... usually, its like every 5 to 15 years or more that we have one "big" enough to feel. so far, i remember every earthquake we've had since around '86. and it up til recently, theyve been FEW and far between.....

which brings me back to question/request in the tarot section a while back since there are some things i didnt mention that are contributing factors.....
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:19 am

Lightdragon wrote:
any major damage? Neutral

newp, my peice of shite house is still standing! Rolling On The Floor
basically all it did was shake the couch while i was playing golf. nothing like the last one that was hard to stay standing up even in a 2 story appartment. of course, my house shakes in the wind even so it was difficult to tell how strong it was. lol
Back to top Go down
Lightdragon

Lightdragon

Title : the crystal wizard
Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:08 am

well if the house is still standing then it was nothing in comparison to Haiti
Back to top Go down
http://lightdragonii.deviantart.com/
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:48 am

Lightdragon wrote:
well if the house is still standing then it was nothing in comparison to Haiti

aye, it didnt rate as good as haiti's. but then again, most of the structures in haiti arent meant to stand much when it comes to actual earth shaking concequences... hurricanes, most possibly, but hurricans dont even touch the amount of damage that an earthquake can cause. everyone was crying about hurricane katrina when it hit new orleans, but that was nothing compared to what mother nature can really do. and haiti didnt come close to the 2004 undersea earthquake on dec. 26th in the indian ocean.... indian ocean earthquake and tsunami 2004. the only reason why the US is so hell bent on haiti is cause of our influence there. otherwise, nobody would care.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Title : Cat herder
Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:39 am

http://gmx.com/I was awake and I felt a rumble. That's about all it was.
Back to top Go down
http://walkinganancientpath.boardhost.com/index.php
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:05 pm

Rudas Starblaze wrote:
of course, it is strange to have 2 earthquakes back to back (in technical terms. 1.5 years apart) for this part of the continent... usually, its like every 5 to 15 years or more that we have one "big" enough to feel. so far, i remember every earthquake we've had since around '86. and it up til recently, theyve been FEW and far between.....

which brings me back to question/request in the tarot section a while back since there are some things i didnt mention that are contributing factors.....

Yeah, has anyone had a chance to do a spread on that question yet?
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Not a reading (at least not in the last couple of years).

I can tell you about the feeling I got a few years ago (though have to add the disclaimer that I may have been projecting my own depression and anxiety from ongoing circumstances at that time).

Basically, this was a few months before and a few months after the earlier earthquake. Had a feeling something was going to happen, something major (disclaimer, I get this feeling mildly almost every month, so I know there's a chemical component behind it, however I will say the sense at that time was overwhelming).

I was about to graduate with my MA, perhaps that was merely the "big change". Who knows.

However, I was trying to figure out what to do with my life. I tried to picture my future in different locations. One was East central illinois (current location then), one was central illinois (current location now), and the other was out west, Arizona.

Arizona: Positive feeling (but frankly I couldn't see how I would make it happen at this time in my life, so didn't follow up on that). Cards: positive reading.

Central Illinois: Meh, slightly negative neutral, not good. Things might get tough down the road, but manageable. Cards seemed to confirm this.

East central illinois: Very strong feeling of nonexistence of everything around me. The feeling I got was to enjoy things while I could, they weren't going to last much longer. The string of life (which I could see in my minds eye for AZ and Central IL extending forward, though I couldn't see where either might lead) truncated in the visualization for east central. Nothing. dead. And something way beyond just me.

Again, graduation, I was leaving, was severely depressed....maybe subconsciously I didn't see a future for myself there. Maybe it was personal and something there would have, I don't know, hurt me, killed my spirit...whatever. Shame, too, because I loved the place, for a city it was close to my ideal, even though I'd prefer to not live in one.

But it felt like something beyond me. Something that is going to destroy that area.

Cards were consistently garbled, positive and negative. It may be perhaps that the gist of it should have been so obvious from my intuitions, that they chose not to answer. It may be that things really aren't that bad but I couldn't see the positive through my own negativity.

I'll be curious to see someone else's impressions, too.
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:51 am

Penthesilea wrote:
Yeah, has anyone had a chance to do a spread on that question yet?

newp, nobody has gotten back to me on it. of course, anyone knowing my ego might not want to if im right....

Krahe Kojote wrote:
Not a reading (at least not in the last couple of years).

I can tell you about the feeling I got a few years ago (though have to add the disclaimer that I may have been projecting my own depression and anxiety from ongoing circumstances at that time).

Basically, this was a few months before and a few months after the earlier earthquake. Had a feeling something was going to happen, something major (disclaimer, I get this feeling mildly almost every month, so I know there's a chemical component behind it, however I will say the sense at that time was overwhelming).

I was about to graduate with my MA, perhaps that was merely the "big change". Who knows.

However, I was trying to figure out what to do with my life. I tried to picture my future in different locations. One was East central illinois (current location then), one was central illinois (current location now), and the other was out west, Arizona.

Arizona: Positive feeling (but frankly I couldn't see how I would make it happen at this time in my life, so didn't follow up on that). Cards: positive reading.

Central Illinois: Meh, slightly negative neutral, not good. Things might get tough down the road, but manageable. Cards seemed to confirm this.

East central illinois: Very strong feeling of nonexistence of everything around me. The feeling I got was to enjoy things while I could, they weren't going to last much longer. The string of life (which I could see in my minds eye for AZ and Central IL extending forward, though I couldn't see where either might lead) truncated in the visualization for east central. Nothing. dead. And something way beyond just me.

Again, graduation, I was leaving, was severely depressed....maybe subconsciously I didn't see a future for myself there. Maybe it was personal and something there would have, I don't know, hurt me, killed my spirit...whatever. Shame, too, because I loved the place, for a city it was close to my ideal, even though I'd prefer to not live in one.

But it felt like something beyond me. Something that is going to destroy that area.

Cards were consistently garbled, positive and negative. It may be perhaps that the gist of it should have been so obvious from my intuitions, that they chose not to answer. It may be that things really aren't that bad but I couldn't see the positive through my own negativity.

I'll be curious to see someone else's impressions, too.

eh, you chose central IL cause its your best bet for meeting me!! of course, i dunno how that would be a positive thing in life.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:46 pm

was there another one just the other day? or am i crazy? (or that drunk at the time!? lol)

i coulda sworn i felt the couch shaking in the same manner as the one we were recently talking about.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:52 pm

The one in Chile was an 8.8 or thereabouts. We didn't feel anything but given who and what you are, you might have. I haven't seen anything on the news about one in the central U.S.

Mother Gaia is mighty restless lately.
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:56 pm

well, it coulda been a combination of my drunkness and the wind maybe. my house has a tendency of shaking if the wind blows anything over 15mph. of course, it also shakes when a snow plow hits a crack in the highway about 100 yards away too.... damn... is my house really that unstable!!?? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:59 pm

The ghosts are holding it up.
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:17 am

Penthesilea wrote:
The ghosts are holding it up.

i was actually voting more towards the termites and wasp nests for that responsibility, but hey! the ghosts have something to due with it too! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:51 am

I didn't feel anything, but I'm still having weird earthquake dreams.

Probably because the media is so inundated right now.

Though, things did feel...weird yesterday morning when I walked to work...
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:31 am

Oh, and you can find recent earthquakes in the U.S., here:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/

There are were a few in the last 24 hours in and near Illinois, however it looks like they were too small to actually be felt.
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Krahe Kojote wrote:
Oh, and you can find recent earthquakes in the U.S., here:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/

There are were a few in the last 24 hours in and near Illinois, however it looks like they were too small to actually be felt.

hey! thats pretty cool!! and muhahaha! i thought i felt another one! the ol new madrid fault line seems to be alot more active than usual too.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Oh that's JUST what I need to hear right now!
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 1:46 am

Earthquake in Taiwan this morning, 249 miles from Taipei. No details yet except that it was a 6.4. I assume that's subject to revision as more data comes in.
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:07 am

Interesting animation of how the Chile earthquake moved along the faultline over about 2 min:
http://news.discovery.com/earth/how-the-chile-earthquake-went-nuclear.html
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Warden Dike

Title : Woman in uniform
Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:38 am

Most of the recent earthquakes have occured along The Pacific Ring of Fire. I get a feeling we may be seeing more volcanic activity too. Hope I am wrong. Don't need Krakatoa Part II. Pele must be unhappy about something. She is not to be trifled with. We would lose Hawaii. Not a happy thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?   Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone feel the earthquake (illinois) around 4:00 this morning?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next