RS Coven
RS Coven
RS Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize Empty
PostSubject: here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize   here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:30 pm

youve gotta be kidding me....

Gasps as Obama awarded Nobel Peace Prize

Quote :
They lauded the change in global mood wrought by Obama's calls for peace and cooperation, and praised his pledges to reduce the world stock of nuclear arms, ease U.S. conflicts with Muslim nations and strengthen its role in combating climate change.

this has got to be a joke....
lowering nuclear arms is good. every president has been working on that since regan.

removing troops and recuding conflicts with muslim nations, good and bad. the good, we'll be bringing our soldiers home. the bad, i foresee another clinton era where the public was blinded from whats going on in the world and we'll get attacted again just like 9/11.

and this... OMGS... LMFAO!! "combating climate change"... Laughing Rolling On The Floor ROTFLMAO YOU CANT FUCKING COMBATE MOTHER NATURE YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKERS!!! SHE IS JUST AS MUCH A BRUTAL KILLER AS SHE IS A NURTURING MOTHER!!!! ffs, combating natural earth cycles... what a joke!!! and these people call themselves "intelligent"....

of course, all this also coinsides with the book of revelations and the apocolypse of john.....
Back to top Go down
https://rscoven.forumotion.com
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Title : DarkLady
Female

PostSubject: Re: here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize   here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Things like this are why I avoid the news in general and political news in particular.
If the man had actually done something to deserve it, I could say "Okay, maybe." The fact is though, the only reason he got it is so the people charged with awarding the prize can "feel good" about themselves, giving the prize to the first bi-racial American President. There are still plenty of people who think he's the Gods' gift to humanity but so far, I haven't seen any convincing evidence that he's anything other than an inexperienced politician with big ideas and a smooth line. Unfortunately.
And you can bet that if Hillary Clinton was sitting in the President's chair, they would have given it to her for the same reasons.
Back to top Go down
http://valcariasworld.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

PostSubject: Re: here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize   here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:03 pm

i usually try to too. but RD came home and asked if i had heard about it yet... so of course i had to go look it up. and all this ironically after this mornings yahoo news of obama taking on the press and basically trying to control what they put out to the public.

grant it, you can only believe 1/2 of what the press tells ya. but you can also only believe 1/2 of what the government tells ya too....
Back to top Go down
https://rscoven.forumotion.com
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize   here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Skywise told me about it. He found out about it online. Ahem... I did NOT react well. Fortunately, my beloved survived.... and he's pretty much of a like mind but being a Taurus, he usually isn't as hot blooded about things as I am! LOL
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Title : Cat herder
Female

PostSubject: Re: here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize   here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Oh bloody hell, I forgot about this...

GAG.
Back to top Go down
http://walkinganancientpath.boardhost.com/index.php
Kat

Kat

Title : Cat herder
Female

PostSubject: Re: here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize   here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 1:07 pm

This is why I don't vote.
Back to top Go down
http://walkinganancientpath.boardhost.com/index.php
Slander

Slander

Title : Carbonized
Male

PostSubject: Re: here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize   here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:25 am

I wrote a blog piece on this some time ago..

Damn popular vote.
Back to top Go down
Slander

Slander

Title : Carbonized
Male

PostSubject: Re: here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize   here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:15 am

Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize   here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 1:09 am

I blogged about his winning on my MySpace the day after the election and I've said no more. I'm nobly reserving judgment until his first term is over. The way things are shaping up, it's looking like he'll be a "One termer" but time will tell. The results of the mid-term elections next year should be interesting.

Hint: So far, I'm NOT impressed.
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Warden Dike

Title : Woman in uniform
Female

PostSubject: Re: here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize   here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:10 pm

Please excuse my ignorance. Would someone care to tell me what, exactly, did Obama do to merit such a award. The man hasn't been in office for more than a few months. If you ask me, he hasn't done much of anything. There are people, whose names we have never heard, and probably never will hear them, out in this great big world who do more in the name of Peace than any politician or religious leader. Do they get any credit for their right actions. HELL NO! Nobel must be far more choosy in the future. Too many get the award because of their celebrity statis. This is NOT enough. Because you have money, power or fame doesn't make you any better than the rest of us. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. That, my friends, is the future for all of us. I approve this message. bounce Mad
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize   here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:17 pm

Let's see....

Obama got the prize because a.) he's black and b.)...

Wait.... there is no "b". He got it because he's a black man who is sitting in the Oval Office as President of the United States. The Nobel Committee wanted to feel good about themselves. THAT's the real reason he got the prize.
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Warden Dike

Title : Woman in uniform
Female

PostSubject: Re: here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize   here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:37 pm

Sorry to break it to everyone, but his mother is a white woman. That makes him a half-caf. Close, but no cigar. Try again.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize   here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:42 pm

That's a mere technicality, sister-friend. He's black enough to satisfy the need to be seen as "non racist" which is the most likely reason he won the presidency in the first place. That and a persuasive way of seeming to say a great deal while really saying nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize   here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

here we go... obama and the nobel peace prize
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RS Coven :: The Great Debates :: News, Current Events, & Politics-
Jump to: