RS Coven
RS Coven
RS Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

forum tid bits.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

forum tid bits. Empty
PostSubject: forum tid bits.   forum tid bits. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:58 am

since ive had loads of questions about various things im gonna try to explain as many as i can remember here for everyone. i will edit this post more as the questions come in but i think this covers most of the commonly asked questions.

smilies - we can all see the generic ones when we're posting over to the right of the screen. to get the extra smilies, click on the tab above them that says "View more Emoticons" and select "smilies 2" or "smilies 3"for more smilies.

posting a signature banner - i found it easier to have your banner uploaded to a photobucket account and copy the IMG tag line and then paste it to your siggy box. to center your signature, you have to manually put the center codes around your text/banner. here is an example: [ center ] and [ / center ] but DO NOT put any spaces between the codes and the text/banner.

+ - signs - this is how you add or subtrack a persons points. (kinda like karma touches cept you dont get to leave a message.)

posting videos - such as youtube etc etc. copy the address and when youre on the posting screen, click on the icon that looks like film to your upper right. it should be the 4th to last icon tab. simply paste the address into the pop up window, no need to select youtube or whatever, then click "ok". the proper tags will automatically be inserted for you.

getting your name switched to white - you must have 50 or more posts if you have joined after Jan. 1, 2010. members that joined on or before dec, 31 2009 will still fall under the 25 post count system.

changing your title - simply click on your profile, hover your cursor over your current user title and you will have two little bent arrows appear. click on them and change it whatever you like and then click the green check mark. there is a 16 space maximum for user titles i believe it is.

posting pictures - the easiest way to post pictures is by having a photobucket account and copying and pasting the IMG tag line just like posting banners. however, if you do not have a photobucket account you can still post pictures depending on their size. when you are on the posting phase of your post, you will see a bunch of icon tabs above the text box area. the 8th icon from YOUR right is the upload option from your computer. click this box and a pop up window will appear so you can browse your computer for whatever picture you want to upload. it gives an option to resize the pic, but usually you shouldnt have to. simply pick you pic and click the sumbit button. the next pop up will give you the option as to which version you want to post with a button for "copy" after it. i typically use the middle one. then click on the text area of your post and tab Ctrl v. the codes should pop up and vioala! then re-click the original icon tab for the pop up to go away and continue with your post.

Last edited by Rudas Starblaze on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:24 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://rscoven.forumotion.com
sleepycat

sleepycat

Title : chaos wrapped in cute
Male

forum tid bits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum tid bits.   forum tid bits. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 12:37 pm

Thanks, Rudas, very useful.
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

forum tid bits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum tid bits.   forum tid bits. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 3:57 am

youre more than welcome my good man! Cheers/Slainte

(of course, ill admit, theres prolly like a thousand things on this phpbb3 forum format that i DONT EVEN get yet!! Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

forum tid bits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum tid bits.   forum tid bits. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 11:32 am

bumped due to an update for user titles.
Back to top Go down
ereshkigal

ereshkigal

Title : mefferstofferleez
Female

forum tid bits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum tid bits.   forum tid bits. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:16 pm

Whats the 'rep power' determined by?
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

forum tid bits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum tid bits.   forum tid bits. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 2:25 am

ereshkigal wrote:

by post count.
Back to top Go down
ereshkigal

ereshkigal

Title : mefferstofferleez
Female

forum tid bits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum tid bits.   forum tid bits. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Rudas Starblaze wrote:
ereshkigal wrote:

by post count.

Kinda thought so, I figured I was either wonderful or it went by post count Laughing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

forum tid bits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum tid bits.   forum tid bits. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

forum tid bits.
Page 1 of 1