Go down 
AuthorMessage
cassie

cassie

Title : Lil' Miss Priestess
Female

Afghanistan Empty
PostSubject: Afghanistan   Afghanistan I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:21 pm

It looks like President Obama is just about to announce sending about 30,000 extra troops to Afghanistan. Is this a wise move?
Back to top Go down
http://justcassie.wordpress.com/
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

Afghanistan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan   Afghanistan I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:28 pm

newp. i dont think its a wise move. not unless they can garuntee a swift victory....
id just assume the US drop a bunch of fuel-air bombs on the place and get it over with. but they wont do that either.

Warden Dike

Title : Woman in uniform
Female

Afghanistan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan   Afghanistan I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:06 am

If the politians and religious leaders would stand aside and let the admirals and the generals do their thing, it would be over before they knew what hit them. That area has been in a constant strife for thousands of years. Alot of it caused by warring tribes. Getting them to convert to the religion of peace would take a bona fide miracle. It is possible. It starts with just one person putting down their weapons, and going home. Sending more troops isn't going to help. We have been in Iraq for nearly a decade. Law and order still haven't shown up. If President Obama wants to send more soldiers to die for "The Cause", whatever that means these days, he needs to lead our army himself. That means on the front lines with all the grunts. It's been a very long time since leaders went into battle with their valiant forces. A tradition that needs to be called back into service. All the above is just my humble opinion. What do I know.
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

Afghanistan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan   Afghanistan I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:11 am

Warden Dike wrote:
If the politians and religious leaders would stand aside and let the admirals and the generals do their thing, it would be over before they knew what hit them. That area has been in a constant strife for thousands of years. Alot of it caused by warring tribes. Getting them to convert to the religion of peace would take a bona fide miracle. It is possible. It starts with just one person putting down their weapons, and going home. Sending more troops isn't going to help. We have been in Iraq for nearly a decade. Law and order still haven't shown up. If President Obama wants to send more soldiers to die for "The Cause", whatever that means these days, he needs to lead our army himself. That means on the front lines with all the grunts. It's been a very long time since leaders went into battle with their valiant forces. A tradition that needs to be called back into service. All the above is just my humble opinion. What do I know.

damn well said!! especially the part i bolded!
Cheers/Slainte

TygerTyger

Title : Stalking
Male

Afghanistan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan   Afghanistan I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:28 pm

I think that the term 'swift victory' is something of a misnomer as far as Afghanistan is concerned.

For all the lives lost and the billions spent, what have they really achieved?
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Warden Dike

Title : Woman in uniform
Female

Afghanistan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan   Afghanistan I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:33 pm

The song says it all. "War. What is it good for. Nothing. Say it again." It's easy to go war, but making peace is difficult. All I ask is, "Why?" Anyone have any good answers?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Afghanistan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan   Afghanistan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Afghanistan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RS Coven :: The Great Debates :: News, Current Events, & Politics-
Jump to: