RS Coven
RS Coven
RS Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Title : Trouble? Where!
Female

Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women Empty
PostSubject: Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women   Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:51 pm

http://www.livescience.com/health/beer-causes-psoriasis-autoimmune-skin-disease-100816.html

The gluten idea is an interesting one. I'd also ask how much yeast remains in beer post-processing and if there could be a candida relationship between beer and psoriasis and autoimmune issues.

But, since it seems to be occurring primarily in women, I'd also question the estrogen-like compounds in the hops...(though unless I missed it, the article doesn't say whether or not there's been an equivalent study on men)

So what's the yeast content of light compared to regular beers, and likewise the various components of hops? The article indicated that stouts were worse than light beers...

Just when I start developing a taste for beer....Laughing

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Warden Dike

Title : Woman in uniform
Female

PostSubject: Re: Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women   Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:25 pm

And, boy howdy, is Rudy gonna be pissed.
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

PostSubject: Re: Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women   Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:47 am

the hops have high estrogen levels in them. if anything, it could be the hops. not to mention hops are in the same family as marijauna(sp) so it is a seditive. and of course, women with estrogen problems are gonna have problems when consuming large quantities of beer. but hops are packed with vitamin C.

macro breweries (anheuser busch, miller, sam adams, ya know, the big ones) do thorough filtration after fermentation that removes literally all of the yeast before packaging. ironically, the yeast in beer is packed full of vitamins B, D, and E i believe and is actually good for you. not to mention it decreases the chance of a hangover. for years they thought the yeast wasnt good for people thus why so many breweries have all those high tech filtrations and stuff. but recent medical studies have shown that beer with the sediment (yeast basically) is actually more healthy for an adult than milk or vitamin drinks. of course, they always use "in moderation", but what is moderation? nowadays they assume 2 or 3 - 12oz beers per day is moderation. but historically, it was 4 litres per day, and for religious (christian) they were even alotted 1 litre on fasting days. of course, none of this beer was filtered.

unfiltered beer "in moderation" has been shown to redude the risk of the following in both male and female:

cancer.
osteoporosis.
heart disease.
heart attack.
stroke.
cholesterol.
hardening of the arteries.
(i cant remember what all else but the list is pretty long.)

it helps promote healthy:

brain fucntion.
immune system.
kidneys.
liver.
bladder.
heart.
stomack.
intestinal track.
etc etc etc.

unfortunately, the studies most of us have been aware of for decades are actually studies of alcholic beverages such as wines, rums, snaps, whiskeys, and other such higher alcohol content drinks. beer had gotten lumped into the catagory decades ago which it really shouldnt have been. in truth, beer has been falsely played. but we can thank the supporters and dipshits without a clue remnents of the prohibition era for that.

ive known several people to die of scirosis(sp) of the liver, but those people hardly ever drank beer. it was mostly hard stuff and wine. and ironically yet, i know scores of old folks around here that are healthy as a horse that probably drink atleast a 12pk of beer per day. now the wine and whiskey drinkers on the other hand, have loads of health issues.

but for some reason, people like to blame beer for issues caused by the harder drinks....

of course, in regards to the article, i would like to know what else said women in the study intake and what their normal lifestyles are. i do find it rather odd that theyre singling out beer as opposed to diet, other fluid intake, time spent in the sun, soaps, lotions, etc etc. but for some reason, i bet they will make sure to leave further studies out of other, more than likely, realistic causes. such as the types of soaps and lotions used. how much does anyone wanna bet that the women in these studies over moisturize their skin!? lol i would be willing to bet the farm that that is the real problem causing their psoriasis. but i bet they wont do a study on that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://rscoven.forumotion.com
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Title : Trouble? Where!
Female

PostSubject: Re: Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women   Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:58 am

Great info Rudy, and that's why I posted it here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women   Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:36 am

Thumbs Up

i wish i could post links to all of it too, but its Blakus and his wife that randomly research the medical aspects off beer and tell me the info and its been my brother (whos a religious, historical, and scientific worldwide researcher and speaker) whos been digging up the historical info and some of the medical info and relaying it to me when he has time. im just the guy who does all the work it seems like. but atleast my recipes turn out awesome more than theirs do since i have a more solid grasp on the ingredients and their aspects! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sitalique
Admin
Sitalique

Title : Collector of Flame
Female

PostSubject: Re: Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women   Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:05 am

sounds like someone needs to find me a good but inexpensive beer
as it is the few that I've had I've hated so won't touch the stuff silent
Back to top Go down
http://sitalique.wordpress.com/
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women   Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:12 am

Sitalique wrote:
sounds like someone needs to find me a good but inexpensive beer
as it is the few that I've had I've hated so won't touch the stuff silent

sounds like lite beer! Laughing
they pretty much taste like bread crums and water. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women   Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beer linked to Psoriasis in Women
Page 1 of 1