Share | 

Is there anything

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ray

Title : Mrs Nosey
Female

PostSubject: Is there anything   Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Ok there is a situation (#2) that has casued me to come and ask when your cat gets stung or bitten by a Bee or wasp is there anything you can do for him? I am gratful for my cat and his eagerness to get rid of things that enter our house but I am concerned with the bees and the wasps. The other encounter was a week ago and he was batting the poor bee around on the floor... Anyways any advice would be appreciated for the just in case scenario that he actually does get hurt...
Back to top Go down
http://silverclawstudio.com/
teachent

Title : witch
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything   Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:39 pm

I have had this concern become an actually issue with the monkey!

Basically you just do the same thing you would do for you for your pet --- dog, cat, monkey ..

Of removing the stinger if it is still in them, and NOT pinch it out, the best way is scrape it out like with a credit card ...

then watch them for breathing changes, do KNOW that often they will have a faster heart rate than normal, just as you would from the surprise and ouch of it (this terrified me with the monkey because hers was fast a LONG time) odds are you will NOT have an allergy issue, however it can happen, and you treat with antihistamines just like in people .. i do KNOW you can use a kids liquid kind, shoot it in the mouth BUT am not comfortable with the HOW MUCH.. per weight per animal

however if an animal has an allergy it is more likely to be a swollen ouchy place then a breathing issue and for that you treat again like you would you .. there are antihistamine salves you can rub in to it, and or make a poultice of ash and water or baking soda and water ..

regardless of choice you do not want a lot that the animal is licking off and taking IN ..

usually they are like kids, way tougher then we think, and not even phased Smile

♥️
t
Back to top Go down
http://www.PaganLessonPlans.com
Rudas Starblaze
Admin

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything   Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:38 am

my cats attack and get stung by wasps all the time (and still end up eating them). so far, none of them have had any allergic reactions to the stings, just shaking their paws or head for a few seconds and going back at it til the thing is dead.

Title : Trouble? Where!
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything   Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:33 am

Mine keeps down the spider population with no ill effects so far.

Well, except for the giant wolf spider last night. But the cat is with my parents right now, since I have ant traps set out everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Ray

Title : Mrs Nosey
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything   Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:31 am

Thanks everyone for your advice. I am hoping he does not have an allergiv reaction I do because I do have to go to the hospital when I get stung and I have also an allergic reaction to the Antihistamine they usually give ... so I just hope if that day comes and my cat does get stung that he does not have the same issue.
Back to top Go down
http://silverclawstudio.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything   

Back to top Go down

Is there anything
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RS Coven :: Among The Living :: Pets & Animals-
Jump to: