RS Coven
RS Coven
RS Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what were they thinking!?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

what were they thinking!? Empty
PostSubject: what were they thinking!?   what were they thinking!? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:08 am

when it comes to bands and the way they change musicians every now and then....

and especially in regards to piss poor decisions....

what were they thinking!??

ill start with Iced Earth.

theyve had a few different vocalist over the years. the best one by far was Tim "Ripper" Owens. they recorded 2 albums with him and then fired him and took back the previous vocalist, Matt Barlow. ok, Matt is an ok singer, hes not great by any means which also means hes nowhere near good, awesome, or god-like. i finally got curious as to how Iced Earth is sounding live with Matt attempting to sing Tim's songs. and im using the term "attempting" loosely.... needless to say, Matt needs "FAILED" tattooed across his forehead and Iced Earth would be better off NOT using any of the Tim material live cause Matt clearly cannot pull it off. he sounds like a douche bag that cant carry a tune in a bucket trying to sing karaoke. Tim on the other hand could sing any song by Iced Earth regardless of who the original singer was and made them sound as if he wrote them himself.

what were they thinking!???
Back to top Go down
https://rscoven.forumotion.com
Anthony41671

Anthony41671

Title : Initiate
Male

PostSubject: Re: what were they thinking!?   what were they thinking!? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:09 pm

I love IE, I love all their stuff....and like both Matt & Tim a lot.

Having seen them live with each, I would say they were better with Tim, and would agree that the few songs they played from those 2 albums when I saw them again with Matt, didn't sound quite right.

However, that said, "The Glorious Burden" was originally recorded with Matt on it, and some of those songs were co-written by Matt, so they are as much his songs as Tims.

I know that when Tim took over, some of them were changed to adjust to his singing style and yeah, I agree, Tim is the better singer.

I still love them though and can't wait to hear new stuff..

I feel bad for Tim...he had to try and take Rob's place in Judas Priest, then Matt's place in IE, and that's two tough acts to follow.

The stuff that Tim does of his own (Beyond Fear) is really good as well in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: what were they thinking!?   what were they thinking!? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:22 pm

Nyah Razz i was actually gonna do one about Priest and Rob vs Tim next but i forgot about this thread! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Anthony41671

Anthony41671

Title : Initiate
Male

PostSubject: Re: what were they thinking!?   what were they thinking!? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:25 pm

Ok, here's one...

What the hell were Maiden thinking when they put out those 2 albums with Blayze Bailey or whatever the hell his name is/was?

Holy crap did those albums blow!!

Though, having heard Bruce sing a couple of those songs live, they're better wtih him...but still...WTF was Steve thinking??
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: what were they thinking!?   what were they thinking!? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:30 pm

AGREED TOTALLY!! Thumbs Up

i went to see them live with Blaze on the 'X Factor' tour. grant it, Blaze's stage presence fit in great with Maiden, he just couldnt hit the Bruce highs nor could he hold the notes as long. of course, another downfall of the almighty Maiden, is the fact that after the 'Fear Of The Dark' album, theyve gotten too repeatative. i dont mind hearing the chorus of a song a few times in a song. but 50 times over and over again for 6 to 13 minutes is just too much. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: what were they thinking!?   what were they thinking!? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:36 am

i do have some awesome news!

Tony Moore is back with Riot! well, apparently this happened last summer. but im just now finding out about it. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what were they thinking!?   what were they thinking!? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what were they thinking!?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RS Coven :: Music-
Jump to: