RS Coven

Members Forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

So, did you ever take a knife/other weapon to school?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Krahe Kojote

Title : Trouble? Where!
Female

PostSubject: So, did you ever take a knife/other weapon to school?   Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:27 pm

I'm curious as to who all took a knife to school (or any weapon) whether it be a switchblade/pocket knife or something else when they were younger.

1. Did you? What?
2. What gender are you?
3. What years were you in school?
4. Were there zero-tolerance (or similar) rules in effect?
5. Why did you bring one?
6. Did you get caught?

For me:
1. Yes. Pocket knife/switchblade
2. Female
3. Class of 1999, carried knife from 6th grade on up thru highschool.
4. We had rules against weapons like knives. Zero tolerance kicked in after the Columbine incident.
5. Potential need for self defense (not that it would've been useful to me, since I'm sure the other person could've easily disarmed me). Also, it was simply useful.
6. Teachers and students knew I had it. I used it openly in my art class on certain projects during my jr and sr years, the height of zero tolerance. No one ever said anything about it. Other students, however, did get suspended (Life lesson: no one cares if you're troubled, depressed, and carrying a weapon around provided you keep your grades up and are well mannered. This was true even when I went through my semi-goth-wannabe phase).
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Title : DarkLady
Female

PostSubject: Re: So, did you ever take a knife/other weapon to school?   Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:41 pm

I took a knife to school once but I graduated in 1971. Given the times and the location (rural Indiana) I wouldn't be surprised to learn that at least some of my male classmates had hunting rifles in the trucks of their cars or in the back of their pickups during hunting season.
Currently, I'm saving up for a handgun and I intend to get a Concealed Carry Permit when I do.
Just cause I'm a contrary little cuss and it will seriously flip some people out. That, and the fact that this area isn't as isolated as it used to be.
No Way
Back to top Go down
http://valcariasworld.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Rudas Starblaze
Admin

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

PostSubject: Re: So, did you ever take a knife/other weapon to school?   Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:22 pm

i grew up in redneck central! hell, most everyone carried a knife with them.
most of us carried guns in our vehicles.
but i think i was the only person with a wide variety of weapons in my vehicle though.

1. yes. pocket knife and throwing stars on my person.
guns, hatchets, mechetes, swords, hay hooks, big fuckoff hunting knives, a brush axe, a regular axe, a sythe, and a variety of blunt hitting objects in my truck. (along with a cooler of beer at all times.)

2. male.
3. 92 -96
4. i guess not? *shrugs*
5. in case of an emergency. Laughing
6. nobody really cared. of course, in 3rd or 4th grade i got caught with a bread knife in my bookbag and sent home. i mean come on! its a fuckin bread knife!! so what it the blade was 13 inches long! i was taking it to a friends house i was spending the night with that night so we could throw it targets. big deal!

visit my home page @ http://rudas-starblaze.webs.com/

Last edited by Rudas Starblaze on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rscoven.forumotion.com
Penthesilea

Title : DarkLady
Female

PostSubject: Re: So, did you ever take a knife/other weapon to school?   Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Why am I not surprised?
Back to top Go down
http://valcariasworld.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
sleepycat

Title : chaos wrapped in cute
Male

PostSubject: Re: So, did you ever take a knife/other weapon to school?   Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:26 pm

Krahe Kojote wrote:
I'm curious as to who all took a knife to school (or any weapon) whether it be a switchblade/pocket knife or something else when they were younger.

1. Did you? What?
Yes, a switchblade

2. What gender are you?
male

Class of '78

yes

I was a gang member.

6. Did you get caught?
Surprisingly, no.

For me:
1. Yes. Pocket knife/switchblade
2. Female
3. Class of 1999, carried knife from 6th grade on up thru highschool.
4. We had rules against weapons like knives. Zero tolerance kicked in after the Columbine incident.
5. Potential need for self defense (not that it would've been useful to me, since I'm sure the other person could've easily disarmed me). Also, it was simply useful.
6. Teachers and students knew I had it. I used it openly in my art class on certain projects during my jr and sr years, the height of zero tolerance. No one ever said anything about it. Other students, however, did get suspended (Life lesson: no one cares if you're troubled, depressed, and carrying a weapon around provided you keep your grades up and are well mannered. This was true even when I went through my semi-goth-wannabe phase).
Back to top Go down
Lightdragon

Title : the crystal wizard
Male

PostSubject: Re: So, did you ever take a knife/other weapon to school?   Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:57 am

Krahe Kojote wrote:

1. Did you? What?
2. What gender are you?
6. Did you get caught?

1.yes. folding knife and a x-acto knife. spiked wrist bands.
2.male
3.class of 1986
4.no . in fact you could actually loose grade points if you didn't bring a x-acto knife.
5.school project.
6.n/a
Back to top Go down
http://lightdragonii.deviantart.com/
ereshkigal

Title : mefferstofferleez
Female

PostSubject: Re: So, did you ever take a knife/other weapon to school?   Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:21 pm

I did off and on, but generally because I forgot it in my pocket after I fed the horses. Everyone knew I was a farm kid and I live in a very rural area where most people are farm kids, so it wasn't really a big deal. If I had my 'bigger than my hand' pocket knife in my pocket and it was obviously in my pocket, I stuck it in my locker if I noticed it then, or handed it over to the teacher and went "yeah sorry, I forgot after I fed my horses this morning, can I pick it up after class". My school, though rural, likes nothing more than to kick people out for dumb shit xD. Anything from wearing your pants too low to drawing on yoruself, really depending on waht teacher caught you, and that particular knife wasn't easy to hide in your pocket xD.
Back to top Go down
Solya

Title : Queen of Nether, Nether Land
Female

PostSubject: Re: So, did you ever take a knife/other weapon to school?   Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:57 am

I never carried weapons on me when I was younger and I'm not really planning on doing that in the future either. I think a large part of that aversion I have against the idea of carrying something like that stems from the fact that it's not really normal in my part of the world to carry weapons 'round with you. I didn't grow up with the idea that I'd need one, nor did any of the people I hung out with over the years. I guess it's also very much something that depends on where in the world you were raised.
Back to top Go down
Quixotically Yours

Title : Stuck in a State of Ennui
Female

PostSubject: Re: So, did you ever take a knife/other weapon to school?   Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:45 pm

no. i was too much of a wussy girl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, did you ever take a knife/other weapon to school?   

Back to top Go down

So, did you ever take a knife/other weapon to school?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1