RS Coven
RS Coven
RS Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the most you will pay for (Insert item here)?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Title : Trouble? Where!
Female

What is the most you will pay for (Insert item here)? Empty
PostSubject: What is the most you will pay for (Insert item here)?   What is the most you will pay for (Insert item here)? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:46 pm

This came about from going to several other forums and checking out the subscription prices...I actually don't know what the most I would pay on that would be, since the ones I looked at were all way over the margin of what I would be willing to pay (which I think might be $25 a year if it were a forum I was really excited about, and I knew they had major upkeep costs).

The ones I checked ranged from $50-$70 for a basic subscription. Granted you get some nice bells and whistles, but I'd never use any of them (at this point, maybe in the future) so it wasn't worth it to me.

But it got me thinking about other things.

Tarot decks:
I collect tarot decks, the most I've paid on one I think has been around $50 for an out of print one that normally goes for a few hundred now.

My general maximum for tarot is $35 for a deck (and preferably that goes for a deck and book set).

Books:
International orders for things not available in the U.s., if it's on a very specific research interest, my max is $75.

Generally speaking I don't go over $30, and I try to keep it under $20. If it's available at the library I weigh the cost of a new book against the cost of photocopying it (I'm underline crazy, I doubt the librarians would appreciate that).

Clothes
I'm cheap. If a single item of clothing costs more than $20 (unless I'm at a point where I'm desperate for new jeans as I tend to wear my clothes out before I get new ones), it can stay in the store.

Shoes I'm a little more lenient on because it's so difficult to find comfortable ones for my weird shaped feet. I've gone as high as $35....for a good pair of boots I'll spend up to $45.

Digital:
No more than $700 for a new computer (including the monitor).

Music players, if it goes above $100, no buy (If I can't change the batteries myself, and easily, also no buy, even if it is a rechargeable battery...not going to buy something that I have to send in somewhere for maintenance).

I am pleased at how much flashdrives have gone down in price..e wasn't too long ago when the 528 mb ones were around $100, and now you can get a 2 gig one for $6.

Furniture:
Curbside freebies make up most of my furniture. I've gotten decent (well, reasonable solid, though they are particle board) flat packs to build necessary sets of shelves for my ever-growing library for under $30 fairly consistently (five shelves tall), approx. 3 ft wide).

Alcohol
No more than $15 for hard liquor (whiskey, vodka).
Possibly that much for a bottle of wine, though more typically I don't go over $8.
At the risk of being banned from the board, I confess, I've never found a beer that I've liked, so I don't spend any money on it anymore. Weird Smile
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

PostSubject: Re: What is the most you will pay for (Insert item here)?   What is the most you will pay for (Insert item here)? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:32 pm

oh geez, KK, its too late in the day for me think about stuff that much!

and whatchu talkin about, not liking beer!? Wedgie
theres loads of beers out there that are awesome! grant it, most american lagers suck donkey balls. ye know, like bud, bud light, busch, busch light, miller, miller light, coors, coors light, keystone, keystone light, corona, corona light, etc etc. basically, stay away from anything that says "light" or "lite" after it. since i know where you live, and i know theres a friar tuck there, i suggest going there and buying a single can of murphy's (or young's, either or) chocolate stout and perhaps even a single bottle of hobgoblin and giving them ago. also, i dunno if youve ever had new castle or not, but its pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
https://rscoven.forumotion.com
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Title : Trouble? Where!
Female

PostSubject: Re: What is the most you will pay for (Insert item here)?   What is the most you will pay for (Insert item here)? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:44 pm

I'll keep those in mind. I actually never tried any of the main brands, my dad likes them but I don't know if it was the actual smell of the beer, or the smell of it after it turned stale since he'd stash the empties under his chair from time to time instead of throwing them away, but they always smelled so gross that even the sight of the cans for those brands sort of turn my stomach.

I've tried a few ales and beers of different sorts, but just kind of guessing based on pretty packaging and descriptions more than anything else.

Next time I restock my wine supply I'll give some of these a go. Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

PostSubject: Re: What is the most you will pay for (Insert item here)?   What is the most you will pay for (Insert item here)? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:55 pm

you would prolly actually really like my dark maple cream ale! it doesnt smell or taste like any of the mainstream beers out there.

hobgoblin is a nice solid amber to dark amber color and a nice chocolatey after taste to it but its not overly chocolatey.

the chocolate stouts, well, like their name says! theyre dark brown, dont smell like beer at all, and have a strong chocolate taste and after taste to them. definately buy the cans, make sure you have a pint glass handy, crack em open and pour them straight into the glass. let the head settle for a bit, then enjoy! (just dont drink too many of them! the hangover is equivelent to that of drinking too many warstieners!) lol
Back to top Go down
https://rscoven.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the most you will pay for (Insert item here)?   What is the most you will pay for (Insert item here)? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the most you will pay for (Insert item here)?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RS Coven :: Coven Hang Out :: Members Area-
Jump to: