RS Coven

Members Forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Warden Dike

Title : Woman in uniform
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:16 pm

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"

-Will Rogers

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!"

-George Carlin

"We are all born ignorant but one must work hard to remain stupid."

-Benjamin Franklin

"It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

-Frank Zappa

"Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign saying END OF THE WORLD SWITCH-PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH, the paint wouldn't even have time to dry."

-Terry Prachett, Thief of Time

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."

-John Wayne

"No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs. We should test them for stupidity,"

-P. J. O'Rourke

"The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard."

-Steven Wright

Just some food for though.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Title : Cat herder
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:08 pm

scratch

I lost my phone. Does this make me stupid...or just blonde?
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Title : DarkLady
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:03 pm

You're sick with the flu. That earns you a "Get out of blonde moment/stupid moment Free card."
Back to top Go down
http://valcariasworld.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Well I can't blame it on the flu for much longer...lol
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:05 pm

Then blame it on your "post-flu recovery."
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:06 pm

LMAO! Before long I am gonna have to admit it that I am naturally a blonde.
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:28 pm

Kat wrote:
scratch

I lost my phone. Does this make me stupid...or just blonde?

Send me your phone number in a PM, and I'll call you. If it's somewhere in your house you'll hear it ring, and therefore find where it decided to hunker down. I"ve done this for many people.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:28 am

It found me. Was hiding under my pillow. Apparently I have a knack for falling asleep with the phone in hand and have a habit of sleeping on my stomach with hand under pillow. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:31 am

At least you found it!
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:58 am

Kat wrote:
It found me. Was hiding under my pillow. Apparently I have a knack for falling asleep with the phone in hand and have a habit of sleeping on my stomach with hand under pillow. Rolling Eyes

That's not a bad thing. Never know when you might have to call someone for whatever reason. Good thinking.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:18 am

I wasn't thinking when it happened. I usually play games on my phone before falling asleep. lol
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:21 am

Now if you hadn't admitted that, we would have never known!
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:22 am

It happens. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:27 am

Yeah. I long ago reached the point that when I can't find something in the kitchen, I call Moonie in, tell what I'm looking for and she or Spirit will usually find in immediately if not sooner. Spirit is especially good at finding things once you make her understand what it is you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:18 pm

Kids are good at finding things. Mine has always been gifted with finding money...lol
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Title : Trouble? Where!
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Kat wrote:
Kids are good at finding things. Mine has always been gifted with finding money...lol

I once found a $43 bill.

Then I woke up.

Actually, I did come across a $10 recently, when I was walking to campus. I used it to buy my coffee and told the barista to use what she could of it to pay for the next few people who came up and keep the change, and went on my way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:35 am

finding things is weird. for instance, if someone else has lost something, im usually 98% accurate at telling them where it is in real life, (on the internet.... maybe 50/50 since 3/4 of the people online are full of shit anyway.) hell, most of the time, RD and Z can ask me where something is while im asleep rather i know what they're talking about or not and i can tell them where it is.

visit my home page @ http://rudas-starblaze.webs.com/
Back to top Go down
http://rscoven.forumotion.com
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:45 pm

A found $40 once under a couch at a friend's house. She showed it to me after we left.
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Title : Trouble? Where!
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:59 pm

Just remembering my old basement apartment, the renting co., and the people who lived above me.

1. Move in day. I can't. Ceiling is collapsed over kitchen, water pouring in.

Problem fixed. Apparently that's the third time it's happened.

Reason: when they fixed it the first time, they put a pressure valve over the leaking pipe. It was a hot water pipe. Meaning it expanded and contracted (at a different rate than the pressure valve) any time anyone ran water through it for an extended period. Meaning that the pressure valve eventually moved down the pipe off the leak.

The final time they actually got a brain and welded the pipe.

It was, however, fortunate that I was housesitting at the time, otherwise, I wouldn't have had a place to live for the first week of the semester.

2. Girl's cat poops on a papasan chair cushion. She proceeds to soak it in the bath tub, then squeeze the water out on the bathroom FLOOR to dry it.

Which caused the water to leak through my ceiling. Here is me, not knowing why water is coming through my ceiling, a short time after moving in, and wondering if the ceiling is going to collapse again...

I went up to see if it might be her causing it somehow, before I called the complex emergency line.

She was bewildered that it was coming through, and it just had to be the fault of the realtor agency for not sealing the bathroom properly.

Later that day I noticed she threw the cushion away on the curb, rather than, say, drying it out on the concrete patio outside....*Shakes head*

3. The toilet incident.

Late one night I hear a dripping. I look over, it is dripping from my light fixture onto my kitchen table.

Fortunately, it is a card table, light, so I just pick it up and move it with everything on top.

After I do that, the water starts gushing in.

I go upstairs to see what neighbor is doing.

She is quite upset. It is coming from above her, and her bathroom is a disaster. Her bathroom is over my kitchen.

The girl upstairs doesn't answer poundings on the door.

The realtor emergency line considers it not an emergency and doesn't bother sending anyone out until 8:00 in the morning.

Despite several calls from the girl above me, they come to MY apartment first, even though I only called once. And think it is not bad until I tell them to get their asses upstairs (not that phrasing, but oh, how I wish....).

So they see, and then go to the next apartment up, the other girl's. She doesn't answer.

Flips out when they come in because she was in the shower.

Not noticing somehow....that her toilet had been overflowing dramatically....ALL FREAKING NIGHT!

4. The sump pump incident.

I lived in a basement apartment. The other half of the basement was a communal area where the washer and drier were for the complex. As well as the sump pump.

We've gotten torrential rain before. Provided I kept the drain at the bottom of my stairwell well swept and clear, it was never a problem.

But this night was different. It wasn't coming in my front door, as I would've expected it to. No. That drain was working fine.

But then I note the cat looking at the door to the laundry room with a horrified expression, and I go over there. Splash. Look down. Shocked

Normally, for practical reasons I'm good about keeping things off the floor in that apartment, never know if something might get in the drain. But as I was going to move out soon, I had started packing by this point, and had several boxes of books on the floor. Those got thrown on my bed swiftly, the cat thrown in the carrier. I didn't manage to keep all the boxes dry, a few got wet on the bottom, the only damage the books suffered was a few warped covers, thank goodness.

I called the emergency line only after I got things off the floor. And they didn't bother coming out until after the rain had stopped.

About an inch of standing water in my apartment.

The worker goes to the other half to investigate.

It would seem SOMEone unplugged the sump pump. Now, it plugs in to an outlet in the ceiling, so it's possible, though not probable that it fell out on its own (tight plug, it was hard to get it back in, so it seems like it would be difficult for it to fall out). Now, I know that thing makes noise, my apartment is next to it, it is loudest to me. I can only guess that maybe someone else didn't know what it was for and didn't like the noise.

They offered to let me stay in an unoccupied unit in another building. But here's the catch. The unit was pet free. I had to call my parents, who lived over an hour away, at night, to come pick up the cat.

Flaming Mad

And then, and I can see how this mistake could be made, they had to get equipment to the basement, to dry the floor. I wasn't there.

Apparently they just hired a company, gave them the key, and told them where to go.

So when I do come back, I find that they left the door open between my apartment and the wash room, so that anyone in the complex could have walked in. Fortunately it was a small complex, five units, everyone there was, if not intelligent, reasonable honest and trustworthy, so it wasn't the problem that it could have been. But. Tantrum

I think they went through my unit and didn't realize that everyone upstairs could access the basement as well on that side, maybe they just thought it was an extension of my unit. I don't know. But the people from the real estate co. should have been there, IMO, to let them in.

I am happy I no longer live there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   

Back to top Go down

Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3