RS Coven

Members Forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Krahe Kojote

Title : Trouble? Where!
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:48 am

Stupid people generated a need for this sign:

Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Title : DarkLady
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:20 pm

New standard in postal service stupidity....

As you know, the various classes of mail that use standard sized envelopes are sorted by machine. These machines have different settings to sort different classes of mail. Last night at the Post Office Skywise works at (the sorting center for most of the midwest) the machines were set up incorrectly and the sort started. When someone discovered the mistake, they corrected the set up on the machines WITHOUT going back and correctly sorting what they'd already done. The sorted mail goes into trays that are labeled with their next destination. These trays are large and there were, if my fatigue fogged brain remembers correctly, nearly 300 hundred of them. By the end of this particular crews' shift, every single tray contained a mixture of mail that matched the label on the tray and some that didn't. (For example, the first six inches of the tray had mail destined for LaFayette, Indiana while the rest of it was going to Chicago.) The supervisor and crew responsible for this screw-up went home, leaving the mess for the next supervisor and crew to fix.
HOWEVER, the next crew had their own work to do and if THAT didn't get done, no mail would be delivered in Central Indiana!
SO, the workers who were still there, including Skywise, got stuck with the job. The supervisor who had to deal with the problem is an old friend and she asked for Skywise's help. She got it and between them and the remaining crew they got things straightened out.
Oh, and they had to do it BY HAND. The mail couldn't go through the machines a second time.
Skywise got home at 5:35 am instead of 3:15 am.
The supervisor who walked out on this fiasco retires at the end of February. He doesn't care, to put it mildly. Skywise, however, does and if that jerk is NOT careful the Post Office may see the extremely rare sight of my beloved losing his temper in public.....
Back to top Go down
http://valcariasworld.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Kat

Title : Cat herder
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:01 am

I'm sure I'll have more stupid stuff to write here after work.
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:28 pm

*headdesk*
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:10 am

Ok, A.s blunder of the day.

Bought her a tracfone yesterday. Trying to trust her one more time about responsible with one and not dialing 911 and hanging up on them. She goes to the movie tonight and loses her phone. Comes home and can't find it. Goes back to look for it after I call it and finds it on the sidewalk.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:15 am

I keep mine in my purse. That would be inconvenient if I had it on all the time but it's turned off unless I need to call someone -- like AAA or the auto shop. That is, emergency calls only. Skywise keeps his on while heading for work in case I need to reach him before he gets there. When we are away from the house, we're unreachable and that's the way we like it!
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:21 am

Well, I would but I am always texting with T. throughout the day as it's our main means of communicating.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:33 am

Kat wrote:
Well, I would but I am always texting with T. throughout the day as it's our main means of communicating.

Well of course!!
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:43 pm

*blonde moment for the boss*

She lost the cheese sauce. How do you lose a bucket of cheese sauce? *shakes head*
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:45 pm

Kat wrote:
*blonde moment for the boss*

She lost the cheese sauce. How do you lose a bucket of cheese sauce? *shakes head*

It takes great effort and an enormous amount of natural talent.
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Ooooh! Let's waste huge amounts of water in order to make a statement on the housing crisis!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100202/ap_on_bi_ge/us_ice_house_detroit

Oh boy!

Well maybe their water bill will boost Detroit's economy. Right.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:03 pm

The real goal here is to make the nightly newscast.
They've succeeded and in a week or less, their names will be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:30 pm

More dumb news from the work place.

I Had finished up the dishes and was putting them away when Pat the waitress on duty hollered at me to tell me there were still dishes in the dining area. Little did she know the boss had already emptied the last of the dishes in the sink and I had finished them before she bothered to look and see there were no dishes left. DUH!
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Title : Woman in uniform
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:17 am

Here's your sign.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Uh huh. Uh Huh
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Title : Woman in uniform
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:45 pm

If you are interested in reading evidence that The Human Race is loosing ground, I suggest you all check out "The Darwin Awards" book series. If you are feeling down on yourself, read some of the accounts of what some people have done to themselves taking them out of the gene pool permanently. You will feel better fast.
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:19 pm

You know, you can change your name, age, location all you want in your myspace profile, but since you're also linked in with all your friends who live in the same location as you, and have photographs of yourself and your baby (who you mention by name) in your account, you're still easy to find or even, as I found you, accidentally come across, cousin.

And my, what an interesting life you lead. What your family doesn't (or you think they don't) know about you. Rolling Eyes

Have to say, it's not that you're under 18, amoking and getting drunk, but if you're dumb enough to post photos of it online, well, I won't be the one to rat you out but it's only a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:39 pm

I am frequently amazed by the stuff people put online with the expectation that it will somehow remain "private" and that their family, friends, employers and neighbors won't find out about it.
This is why I use an avatar instead of a picture of myself everywhere I go online.
This is why my husband, kids and even the cats have online user names that I use instead of their real ones.
This is why I'm not more specific about where I live. Central Indiana, south of Indianapolis, in the woods is as specific as I'm going to get 'cause that covers a LOT of territory.
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Penthesilea wrote:
I am frequently amazed by the stuff people put online with the expectation that it will somehow remain "private" and that their family, friends, employers and neighbors won't find out about it.
This is why I use an avatar instead of a picture of myself everywhere I go online.
This is why my husband, kids and even the cats have online user names that I use instead of their real ones.
This is why I'm not more specific about where I live. Central Indiana, south of Indianapolis, in the woods is as specific as I'm going to get 'cause that covers a LOT of territory.

*Nods*

There are very few people who can put my online ID together with my offline one, though I'll acknowledge that I've given enough information in different places that a determined person could probably figure out who I am (or come pretty close) if they chose to. Come to think about it, there's a certain post I need to track down and delete if possible....at the time I didn't care much but now I'd prefer to get rid of it insofar as that's possible in this age of websites being backed up permanantly elsewhere.

Save for my cat I don't put photos online, though there's a couple of me floating about on google from our local paper that I came across with my name attached do it...interesting what comes up when one does a search on one's name.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:37 pm

The only thing my real name will bring up is my facebook page which has my avatar on it. I suppose that someone determined could track me down but I'm not going to worry about it. My name is fairly common and there is nothing on my fb page but my friends list (none of whom live around here) and my birthdate.
Back to top Go down
Sitalique
Admin

Title : Collector of Flame
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:51 pm

I have photos online but only let select people see them. And I don't put anything out there, picture or text, that I'd go OMG NO!!!! over if it did get seen by a passerby.

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:57 pm

I'm probably going to see this cousin tonight at dinner.

I'm thinking about saying "You don't look 96 to me, and what's (state listed in her profile) like? I've never been there."

Eh, maybe if I can do it discretely, without the rest of the family overhearing, if the rest of the family doesn't know, she doesn't need them grilling her about it....
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:01 pm

There are a couple of things out there that might make me blush a bit but Skywise knows about them and, in the end, his opinion is the only one that REALLY counts.
The girls are in their 20s so Indiana's version of "Child Protective Services" has to mind its own business as far as they're concerned. Adult Protective Services would be out of luck too since we're not doing anything that could be classified as being neglectful or abusive. And I've resigned myself to the fact that once I'm published, people WILL be curious about my life and certain connections will be made. My planned response to any "revelations" will be the question "So?" delivered with a completely straight face...
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Maybe not totally stupid, but, is it just me, or is this not the best phrasing for their article headline:

The Best Way to Put a Baby to Sleep

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/the-best-way-to-put-a-baby-to-sleep-571864/

I'm not sure, makes one think of more permanent "sleep" when phrased that way. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:02 am

No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   

Back to top Go down

Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next