RS Coven

Members Forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kat

Title : Cat herder
Female

PostSubject: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:11 pm

I'm curious if you have any recent experiences with people that just make you want to smack them for being so stupid.

I have many, but will share one for starters.

My boss was trying to find the restaurant phone number because she couldn't remember it. She kept saying that she thought the last 4 digits were 5567 but that those belonged to the beauty shop across the street. She keeps looking in the phone book until she finds the restaurant number and then realizes that those digits were hers... *here's your sign*
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Title : Woman in uniform
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:17 am

AMEN!! I deal with those types daily. They are called customers. You got your "paw" on the pulse of the country. It's getting awful murky out there. Need to allow Natural Selection to balance things out again. That's if we can convince medical science to allow Nature to take her course, and not impede Her work. She's going to be busy.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:49 am

Too bad we can't give ole MOM a kick start...
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:56 am

I think She has already started to thin out the herds.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:58 am

Geez someone else said almost exactly the same thing word for word the other day... *twilight zone theme music plays in background*
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Title : DarkLady
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:04 am

Yeah, the world is getting more "like that" every day.
Back to top Go down
http://valcariasworld.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:56 am

Scary isn't it?
Back to top Go down
ereshkigal

Title : mefferstofferleez
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:05 pm

Warden Dike wrote:
Need to allow Natural Selection to balance things out again.

YES! I've been saying that every freaking day since I was 10 years old. Every time I see somethign stupid before I even say a word, my mothers like "we know, now shut up" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Title : Trouble? Where!
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:16 pm

http://notalwaysright.com/

Much stupidity to be found there.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:05 pm

*nods head* Yep. Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:19 pm

i blame modern law.

100+ years ago we could just kill a stupid fucker.
now we cant, and theyre breeding like cockroaches.....

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:43 pm

Emergency medicine tends to save people from their own stupidity too.
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Kat wrote:
Geez someone else said almost exactly the same thing word for word the other day... *twilight zone theme music plays in background*
Another case proving the existence of telepathy. It works people. Deal.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Warden Dike wrote:
Kat wrote:
Another case proving the existence of telepathy. It works people. Deal.

We've known that for years, sister-friend. We just haven't been able to get it to work on command yet!
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Another case of dumb today at work...

Katie, the new waitress, walked out and forgot to clock out and forgot her tips. *heres your sign*
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:53 am

Large-scale stupidity:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_soil_shift_evacuation

While I feel somewhat sorry for the homeowners, the developers should be shot...And depending on how that land was developed, I'm going to guess that in addition to the retaining wall being faulty, a certain reduction in groundwater supporting the weight above had something to do with the problems as well.
Back to top Go down
Quixotically Yours

Title : Stuck in a State of Ennui
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:51 pm

nope it's not just you. makes me wonder if something is in the food sometimes though
Back to top Go down
Lion Goddess

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Rudas Starblaze wrote:
i blame modern law.

100+ years ago we could just kill a stupid fucker.
now we cant, and theyre breeding like cockroaches.....

AMEN!

My hubby says that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breed!
Back to top Go down
teachent

Title : witch
Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:54 pm

laughs I often think people should be praying gratitude to who ever they believe in that I can not reach them with a clue by 4 thru their monitor -- cause stupid can make me want to hurt someone in their 6th chakra

but then I am just not very nice apparently lol

♥️
t
Back to top Go down
http://www.PaganLessonPlans.com
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:08 pm

More stupidity today...

I made A. an eye appointment at the nearby Wal-mart eye center for an exam for Thursday afternoon. They called me back later to tell me the appointment was canceled because no one knew that the doctor wasn't in on Thursdays.
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:39 am

Kat wrote:
More stupidity today...

I made A. an eye appointment at the nearby Wal-mart eye center for an exam for Thursday afternoon. They called me back later to tell me the appointment was canceled because no one knew that the doctor wasn't in on Thursdays.

HOLY FREAKING MOTHERS!!! Did anyone think of checking the blessed schedule. Sweet Jesus!
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:41 am

Apparently not.
Back to top Go down
Warden Dike

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:51 am

OY VEY!
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Ok, blonde moment today on my behalf...

I was at work goofing off with one of the customers and went to lock him out before he could come in the restaurant. I locked the door knob but in he comes. Apparently I didn't check to see that the door wasn't completely shut before I did it. *here's my sign*
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:04 am

Kat wrote:
Ok, blonde moment today on my behalf...

I was at work goofing off with one of the customers and went to lock him out before he could come in the restaurant. I locked the door knob but in he comes. Apparently I didn't check to see that the door wasn't completely shut before I did it. *here's my sign*

Yeah, once when I was house sitting, it was supposed to be the last day and the people were to arrive back.

I left a letter sitting on the table, said something along the lines of:

"If you're not back by (such and such time), could you please call me so I know to come back and walk the dog or let him out?"

It wesn't until a couple hours later when I realized the problem with leaving that letter on their table, where they wouldn't see it until after they got home and could walk the dog themselves. I remember thinking to myself "Crap....did I write what I think I wrote...?" scratch

In my defense, I'd had a wisdom tooth pulled earlier that week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?   

Back to top Go down

Is it me or are people becoming doubly stupid faster than normal these days?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next