RS Coven
RS Coven
RS Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

catnip is good for???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

catnip is good for??? Empty
PostSubject: catnip is good for???   catnip is good for??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 5:38 am

ok, so RD and i got some catnip for our cats just for gits and shiggles.

so far, 3 of the 4 cats are like "whats this? eh, ah well, who cares" and walk off.

Fosser, our big ass black panther of a cat....

(just for reference, Fosser is 36 inches long head to tail and over a foot tall at the front shoulders and weighs around 18lbs and is a short haired black cat.)

... just eats it and then lays over whats left of it or beats the ever loving shit outta any of the other cats who come near it.

is that normal!!?? Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://rscoven.forumotion.com
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Title : Trouble? Where!
Female

PostSubject: Re: catnip is good for???   catnip is good for??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:01 am

Yeah, not all cats react to it.

Most of our cats have started out playful and then swiftly gone to the licking-it-off-the-carpet phase, or trying to figure out which is the best pile of nip and driving the others away.

With Lorenzo it depends on what mood he's in, but he'll always start out trying to grab it from my hand the moment he knows I have it....Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: catnip is good for???   catnip is good for??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:27 am

oh yeah! Foss is like that too!

the other day, i sprinkled some on a paper plate and put it on the floor.
then i sat the container on the table next to the computer.
Foss looks and does the following:

"oooOOOOoooooh! big catnip tainer! i can haz NOW!!"

*jumps on table, pounces and swipes container off of the table, jumps on top of it on the floor with look of*

"i haz catnip bowl! iz mine! go away!!"
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: catnip is good for???   catnip is good for??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:50 am

Laughing

Occasionally I can get mine to chase his tail if I sprinkle some catnip on it, but most of the time he just calmly grabs it and starts licking.

What's hilarious is when he gets a piece stuck either on or in his nose and he stands on his back legs crosseyed and batting at his face, ultimately falling over backwards.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Title : DarkLady
Female

PostSubject: Re: catnip is good for???   catnip is good for??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:09 pm

I have a bed of catnip growing just outside the back door. The War Queen isn't a big niphead but the boycats... Laughing
They roll in it. They burrow under the plants (they get 12 t0 18 inches high) and they both eat it, the SunLord especially.

When she was first exposed to fresh catnip, the WarQueen got higher than a kite and ran up a tree where she proceeded to perform some acrobatics best executed on the ground rather than a tree branch! I tricked her into coming down (I petted one of the other cats where she could see me.) and once I had her, I put her in the house until she sobered up. She's been wary of nip ever since.
Back to top Go down
http://valcariasworld.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Rudas Starblaze
Admin
Rudas Starblaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: catnip is good for???   catnip is good for??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:13 pm

females!! pft! Nyah Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Penthesilea

Title : DarkLady
Female

PostSubject: Re: catnip is good for???   catnip is good for??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Now Rudy! The Hearth Queen (who died a year ago yesterday) was the biggest niphead I'd ever seen! She rolled in it, burrowed in it, slept in it and dug up the damned bed every chance she got. I had a hell of a time keeping her from destroying the bed while the plants got established! Fortunately, catnip is self seeding but I STILL have to get plants at the hardware store every spring to fill in the gaps. As soon as the kitty yard is built this spring, I'm going to start another, larger bed.
Back to top Go down
http://valcariasworld.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Krahe Kojote

Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: catnip is good for???   catnip is good for??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:16 pm

My mom tries to grow catnip in her garden.

Tries.

The young plants soon disappear when one of the strays comes around.

Same with the catmint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: catnip is good for???   catnip is good for??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

catnip is good for???
Page 1 of 1