PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:47 am

Amen sistas!
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Title : Trouble? Where!
Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:19 pm

My boss makes no sense.

I know it's a language barrier, and frankly considering that I failed at learning any foreign language properly, I'm always impressed at how clear he is, but still.

Describing ins and outs of this stupid software (which is crap in and of itself, and full of contradictions and bugs), in a language that is not native to him....well, I don't understand WTF he's talking about, and although it seems like a relatively trivial issue and I think he either mispoke or I seriously misundertood his email, it sounds like this "relatively trivial issue" might lead to subject terms not showing up when they should, and it's a difference between typing a semicolon between terms manually, or clicking on controlled vocab and using the semicolon that the controlled vocab interface puts in.

But I don't know.

And a virus took out the other computer I normally use for my other work, and although they fixed it, they also deleted a critical component, the virtual computer that has to piggyback on the regular machine, that is necessary to run the scanner that I use.

Not to mention that in the process of dealing with the virus, he had to wipe every single work file on that computer, so anything that wasn't backed up (including a few things that were in mid process) are gone. Though, he now says that was an accident and he's going to try to restore my desktop as well (crossed fingers).

Not pleased today.
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 pm

OK, so I did understand him correctly. I'm developing an intense dislike for CONTENTdm.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Title : DarkLady
Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:04 am

I HATE IT WHEN FIREFOX'S SO CALLED 'UPGRADES' SCREW UP THINGS THAT DIDN'T NEED TO BE 'UPGRADED' IN THE FIRST DAMNED PLACE!!!!!

SPECIFICALLY, THE BOOKMARKING FEATURE WHICH WON'T LET ME DO WHAT I COULD DO EASILY TWO 'UPGRADES' AGO!!!!
Complain Complain Censored Flaming Mad Flaming Mad Flaming Mad Tantrum Tantrum Tantrum Tantrum Tantrum Tantrum
Back to top Go down
http://valcariasworld.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Last night's screaming hissy fit seems to have worked.
FireFox's bookmarking feature is now working properly!
Back to top Go down
Rudas Starblaze
Admin

Title : the heart of darkness
Male

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:20 am

um... firefox is technically nothing more than a computer virus. ive known several people (inlcuding RD and NS) who've completely fried their computers due to installing FF, NS has fried 7 computers in 4 years to be exact due to FF.... and i know a computer tech who rebuilds computers for 100s of people after they've fried their computers due to FF. its a system i will never allow on my computer and its probably one of the reasons why my old computer here still kicks more ass than most new computers out there.

Title : Cat herder
Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:59 pm

Eh, mine is running a little slow but still working. But then again I have Firefox for Linux so that may be why mine works better. LOL
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:09 pm

I have FireFox on a Mac and the only problem I've had is when we have to upgrade the FireFox and they "tweak" the damned site bookmarking subroutine. Some things DON'T need to be tweaked! The only reason we've had to replace our Macs is when the current operating system is replaced by one that takes more memory than the old ones have available. We have an iMac (graphite colored) in the bedroom that is about 10 years old and it still works but it can't support the current operating system. Spirit uses it to play games on. The eMac that I was using back in '04 when we first got the internet is in Moonie's room now and aside from having to replace the internal modem (my bad!) it is working fine too. It seems like the computers that have the most problems are "not" Macs.
Back to top Go down
Sitalique
Admin

Title : Collector of Flame
Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:43 pm

I've never had a computer die on me because of a browser.
I've had plenty that die because of hardware or Windows issues though.
The only problems I ever have with Firefox is those few sites that don't load proper, and those I tend to be able to open in Chrome. Very, very rarely do I use IE for anything.

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:13 pm

My b/p check didn't happen today.
By the time everyone elses' stuff was done, it was late. Time to come home.
I can see I'm going to have to be a bitch about this or it isn't going to get done. Until I pass out, of course, which I would consider a bit late to attend to the problem. And I'm pretty sure there is one. I have too many symptoms. One or two, I could probably find another reason for but I can't explain them all away.
So, time to put the bitch on standby. It gets done tomorrow or somebody is gonna wish he'd never been born.......
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:38 pm

I hate pms.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Hugs I hear ya. I don't have to deal with it myself anymore but I have two daughters who do....
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:14 am

The crappy thing is I'm already going through peri-menopause and that sucks because I watched mom go through it growing up before she finally hit full blown menopause. Let's just say it wasn't a good time to be living at home.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:45 am

My mom had PMS from Hell. When I was 11, she had a complete hysterectomy (cancer) and went through, basically, a "mini-menopause" because the doctors took a chance and left her part of one ovary. That helped with her PMS but then, about 15 years later, she went through full blown menopause. I was out of the house by the time it got hairy.
For myself, I went through about 6 months of hormone hell during which I was "PMSing" 24/7.
I would take stock as soon as I opened my eyes in the morning and depending on what I found, I would leave the bedroom and announce to the house at large: BAD HORMONE DAY!
It didn't take long for Skywise and the girls to learn that such an announcement meant that they should give me a wide berth that day! Laughing I also had mood swings from hell. I could go through the entire gamut of emotions -- and I mean ALL of them! -- in less than an hour. It's been about five - six years since it started and I'm well over it. The only thing is, I still have hot flashes and I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm probably one of those women who will have them for the rest of my life. Fortunately, they aren't nearly as bad or as frequent as they were to start with.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:21 am

I get occasional hot flashes. They aren't too bad yet.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:44 pm

I'm on a hair trigger today.

If I have to deal with one more damned meltdown, I'M GOING TO HAVE ONE AND IT WON'T BE PRETTY!!!
There is a limit to the amount of stress anyone can take and I've reached mine. I have been patient and reasonable but when it starts affecting my health, I draw the line.
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:25 pm

PMS sucks.

Understatement of the millennia.

I'm honestly not sure it would be quite so bad if it were just one emotion (however intense) at a time, but the problem is when they are experienced simultaneously. Anger and humor at the same time, being pissed as hell but laughing at the situation and not being able to tell which is dominant, or which is speaking at the moment. It leads to a tendency to say something mean, while interpreting it at my end as funny as hell, or saying something humorous while being furious....at least for the most part I recognize it now and manage to keep my mouth shut and (mostly) keep my hands off the keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:37 pm

I hate being in the middle of job politics and not knowing what's going on or what people's motives are.

And my boss is an asshole. It doesn't directly effect me, but it is unfair to certain coworkers who I like in another department, and I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that with one of them I'm being tarnished by association with my boss, though I'm not quite sure what action I'm supposed to take or not take...
Back to top Go down
Kat

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:50 pm

Fuck being pissy. I'm in murder mode. See Fuck people thread.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:31 pm

I have. You are justifiably on the warpath.
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:47 pm

Yay. Here we go with the hormonal rollercoaster.

*Wonders what I can justifiably kill*
Back to top Go down
Sitalique
Admin

Title : Collector of Flame
Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:46 pm

Krahe Kojote wrote:
Yay. Here we go with the hormonal rollercoaster.

*Wonders what I can justifiably kill*

Everything is justifiable when hormones are wacked Uh Huh Hugs

Title : Woman in uniform
Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:55 pm

Today's Saint Patrick's Day, and I wanted a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's. I went to 7 different restaurants, and they were all out. It's Saint Patrick's Day, and they were out?! I was none to happy. You don't advertise something, then not have it. Come along indeed people!! I decided to try one more time. This time I was asked what size I would like. May the Gods and Goddesses bless and keep that McDonalds! They made my day. Still fuming over the fact I had to go to all that trouble just for a milkshake. Not having enough to go around is not thinking ahead. N'uff said.
Back to top Go down
Penthesilea

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Warden Dike wrote:
Today's Saint Patrick's Day, and I wanted a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's. I went to 7 different restaurants, and they were all out. It's Saint Patrick's Day, and they were out?! I was none to happy. You don't advertise something, then not have it. Come along indeed people!! I decided to try one more time. This time I was asked what size I would like. May the Gods and Goddesses bless and keep that McDonalds! They made my day. Still fuming over the fact I had to go to all that trouble just for a milkshake. Not having enough to go around is not thinking ahead. N'uff said.

Which proves that McD doesn't make its milkshakes "on site."
Back to top Go down
Krahe Kojote

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:15 pm

Penthesilea wrote:
Warden Dike wrote:

Which proves that McD doesn't make its milkshakes "on site."

Nah, the green blooded leprechauns managed to escape early in the day, so that they wouldn't be blended into the milk shakes. They also sabotaged the shake machines so that the green food coloring wouldn't mix either.

The last McDonalds had them in a different kind of cage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "getting pissy" thread   

Back to top Go down

The "getting pissy" thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next